18-Wheeler Accident Lawyer in Biloxi, MS or Texas
When an 18-wheeler or other commercial vehicle causes a car wreck, the consequences are often devastating. Those hit by the commercial vehicle are often killed or suffer catastrophic injuries. According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, fatal truck accidents happen nearly 11 times per day, killing nearly 4,000 people each year. Should you ever find yourself in a big truck accident, it’s important to be prepared with tips on how to manage the aftermath.
What Should I Do After a Big Truck Accident?
- Seek medical attention – You should go to the emergency room as well as seeing your regular doctor as soon as possible. A doctor can check you for injuries and start your recovery treatment.
- Don’t talk with the insurance agents – The insurance company agents will be very friendly and seem like they are on your side. This is not the case; however, in fact, insurance agents are experts at getting injury victims to say things that they can use to minimize or deny victim’s compensation. Don’t say anything or give any sworn statement of any kind until you have consulted with your Lawyer.
Speak with a lawyer – After taking care of your health, the only thing you should have to do is speak with a personal injury attorney. Wilson Law Firm offers free consultations for our clients who need help after a bad truck accident.
What Causes Most Truck Accidents
Despite the name, most truck accidents are not accidental at all. They consist of preventable mistakes, errors, and lapses in judgement, and truck companies and their employees have it in their power to avoid these serious roadway disasters. They fail when they do not maintain a safe fleet, drive distracted or drowsy. In other situations, third parties like roadway maintenance crews and manufacturing companies contribute to wrecks as well. Common causes of truck accidents include:
- Driver Error – Improper driving techniques, following too closely, texting and driving, driving under the influence, or driving longer than the law allows all contribute to the number of accidents we see on Mississippi and Texas roads each year.
- Part Failure – Big trucks operate using different systems than smaller vehicles. They require special care and maintenance. Truck companies sometimes neglect their responsibility in maintaining this equipment which can lead to break downs, tire blowouts, or dangerous brake failures.
- Dangerous Roadway Conditions – Potholes, debris on the road, unmarked construction zones, malfunctioning traffic lights, and other dangerous road conditions can make a truck driver lose control of the vehicle and cause an accident. The city or town might be liable for crashes relating to road defects.
Types of Compensation Available for Truck Accident Victims in Mississippi and Texas
Truck accidents along the Mississippi coast or Texas can cause devastating injuries including brain injury, spinal cord damage, fractures, burns, and more. In most cases, victims include everyone in the vehicle. Fair compensation does not only involve medical expenses and pain and suffering. In fact, aspects of your life may change due to this incident. You should be compensated for everything possible, no matter what it costs the insurance company.
If you’ve suffered injuries in a collision with an 18-wheeler, Wilson Law Firm will aggressively seek full and fair compensation for you. The damages we seek on your behalf will include:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Past and future lost wages and benefits
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Loss of society and consortium
- Punitive damages
- Wrongful death damages (if you lost a loved one in a crash)
Get a Truck Accident Attorney in Mississippi or Texas | Wilson Law Firm | Personal Injury Lawyer
Although many truck accident cases end with settlements, Wilson Law Firm has an extensive background of success. We will not back down from a fight with an insurance company to get you the compensation you deserve. If you’re in an unfortunate 18-wheeler collision, be sure to contact Wilson Law Firm so you know you’ve acquired the best representation.
If you have been wrongly charged with a crime, Wilson Law Firm will go to trial to fight for you! No matter the case or whether a felony or misdemeanor, we will defend you in either state or federal courts. We have the expertise and skill set needed to go to trial and aggressively defend you to whatever extent is necessary. Wilson Law Firm is committed to providing the best legal service on the Mississippi Gulf Coast and Texas. Contact us now for a free consultation at 228-436-6391.